CCPS lengthens breaks in new schedule

Christian Garcia, Editor

This year’s CCPS school calendar is a little bit different, the main difference being the length of the breaks. 

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

With all these days added one would think that there would have to be some downsides such as no holidays besides breaks or no half-days or adding a couple more days to the school year, however, there is actually one more half day this year and school is still ending on the second week of June like previous years. Upperclassmen also enjoyed another extra day of summer at the beginning of the school year as freshmen started one day earlier.

This brings the total amount of actual days off to 28 if you are an upperclassman and 27 days if you are freshmen with 7 half-days opposed to the 25 days off and 6 half-days students saw during the 2018-2019 school year. 

This new calendar is a huge benefit for students as it gives students a little bit more time to relax from school as students are becoming more and more stressed and anxious from schoolwork. 

Overall, this is a great model and CCPS should use it for the upcoming school years.